Geoff Ralston and Tim Brady, YC partners and Imagine K12 founders, hosted a Twitter chat and AMA on r/entrepreneur last week to answer questions from edtech startups applying to YC. Here are the highlights below:
1. The criteria for being accepted into YC or IK12 haven't changed.
The criteria for being accepted into YC or ik12 haven't changed. We look for capable, passionate and determined teams #YCIK12— Imagine K12 (@imaginek12) March 9, 2016
2. We work with edtech startups that are considering all kinds of revenue models: freemium, direct-to-schools, parents, or otherwise.
3. We work with edtech startups that serve the entire spectrum of the learning process (pre-K, K-12, post-secondary, life-long learning) and any geographical market (US and International).
4. We think big about the market size and the opportunity for edtech startups and non-profits.
5. And some final application tips.
The application deadline for the Summer 2016 batch is March 24. Apply now.
Good luck edtech applicants, hope to see you at interviews!